Saturday, September 19, 2009

6 year old!

I can't believe that Eli is 6. 6 years ago at this time, I had been a mother for 30 minutes. Stewart was already in love with Eli and couldn't stop smiling. I was starving after not eating all day. I was also SO happy. I thought that Eli was so darling and he was. He had tons of hair and the nurses wanted to put a bow in it because it was so long. They also liked teasing Stewart about how usually the father has more hair than the baby.

This year we had our breakfast in bed donuts. Then after breakfast, the "mailman" aka my mom, dropped a present from Stewart off at the door.

The reason behind this is...Eli asked Stewart to get him the Lego Battle Tank. Stewart promised (what a sucker) him that he would get it for him for his birthday. I had already bought Eli's birthday gifts. So we figured it would be special for Eli to get a present mailed from him daddy. Eli was very excited and was kind enough to stop building it and thank his father when Stewart called.

We went to the aquarium and to dinner with some friends. It wasn't a really exciting day but we are having tons of family over for dinner on Sunday. So tonight, after Eli went to bed, I made his birthday cake. Tell me that's not the cutest thing ever! Well as long as you don't look too closely at the lumps under the fondant. My major mistake was using the rainbow chip frosting under the fondant. My other mistake was not really knowing how to use fondant. I've bothered my friend all week to get her trade secrets and she did give them but I still messed up a little. Oh well I'm so happy with it. I think it's darling and I think Eli will love it when he sees it in the morning.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Becca,

It looks awesome! Nice work!!

Heidi

The Bollinger Family said...

Amazing Becca! Fondant is hard to work with and I would never guess by looking at your cake it was your first time! Happy Birthday Eli!

Rebecca said...

Happy Bithday Eli. Becca your cake looks great.

Deidra said...

Happy B-day Eli! Wow Becca, that cake is soooo cool! Now you can come teach me how to do fondant!

Alicia said...

Um... that really is the coolest, cutest thing ever.

Valerie S said...

I"m so impressed that you even dared do fondant. I've always thought it looked impossible to do.

georganne said...

Becca the cake really is amazing. You should be SO proud of it! And I bet that Eli LOVED getting birthday mail from his daddy! That was a great idea.

Tammy said...

when I first saw it I thought it was just some lego toys-btw

Tammy said...

that is an amazing cake! good job!