Monday, September 28, 2009

Effusive Eli:

This week is DARE week at school. I don't actually know if that's what they still call it but it's the week they teach kids to say no to drugs.

After only ONE day Eli is very prepared if "any one offers him alcohol or tobacco." What he will do is turn his back on the offender. He gave me a preview of this and here's how it went:

Me: Eli, have some tobacco (he keeps saying tobacco. So formal.)
Eli: *puts his arms in his shirt and turns it around. He looks very brave and proud of himself*
I'm now looking at the back of his shirt and he doesn't look like he's ready to walk away.
Me: *trying not to laugh* um that's not really what you should do. Let me show you.

I then showed him how to actually turn around and walk away. He smiled and said "oh I didn't know that's what they meant."

Ha ha I guess someone said something about "showing them the back of your shirt" or something. It was SO funny.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Your kid is pretty funny. Also, cute cake and sorry we missed the party. Charlie was sad... Oh well I am glad he had a fun birthday! Thanks again for all the help cleaning...

Deidra said...

You're lucky, Zack will never tell me what goes on at school. He always says he forgot. Cute story!

Laurel said...

That is freaking fanastic!