Friday, July 25, 2008

Scarecrows and Parades

Eli has been telling my dad that he needs a scarecrow in his garden for about 2 weeks. My dad put it off saying "later" long enough and finally broke down and made a scarecrow. Now "the birds won't poop on grandpa's garden." Just what every gardener fears...bird poop. The dang scarecrow scares me more than anything else. when you look out the kitchen window it looks like there is a man in the garden!

I guess I should have put this one in the parade post but I didn't and I'm not going to go back to fix it now! My mom's ward...I guess my ward now... had a kids bike parade and Eli was in it. One of the young women made sure that he was ok . He had a good time and even threw the candy they gave the kids instead of saving it. I was shocked because he said that he was just going to keep it. A parade is the perfect activity for Eli because it's instant attention. My mom said that he was going so slow because he went from one side of the street to the other throwing candy.

1 comments:

kristi and family said...

i love it...