Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tattle Tale

Eli is a HUGE tattle tale! Here is the story:

There is a mouse in my parents house. I have seen him a few times and I put a trap right in his path. That mouse took the cheese without setting off the trap! I was mad and grossed out because I had to touch the trap and put more cheese on it AND it kind of snapped my finger. OWW. So I said something like "that mouse is a little butt hole." Hey, at least I didn't swear which I almost did and for some reason butt hole was the word that my brain choose probably because I really wanted to say "that mouse is a little shit!"

I immediately said "Sorry Eli I said a bad word." Eli was quick to forgive and nothing more was said...until later. At dinner that night Eli announced: "my mom said a bad word today but I'm not telling you what she said because then I'll have to say sorry." Ummm thanks Eli, for throwing me under the bus!

3 comments:

Mickael said...

That is funny. I better watch myself around him I don't want him to get me into trouble.

suebjensen said...

Try peanut butter in your trap. The mouse will not get away with the bait using peanut butter and mice love it!

jeri said...

I love Eli. That's hilarious.

A few years ago we went through a week of Joe vs. The Mouse. This sneaky mouse could get anything out of the trap. Joe modified a bunch of traps so they were extra-sensitive (it was almost impossible to set it down without snapping it). He set up a circle of these super-traps, all baited with peanut butter with dog food stuck in it, right at the hole where the mouse came in. A few hours later I hear "SNAP SNAP SNAP SNAP SNAP SNAP SNAP".

No more mouse.